Types of Educational Activities
A wide spectrum of educational activities and instructional methods are utilized drawing upon the rich and diverse educational expertise of our faculty and staff and collaborators.
Types of educational initiatives produced include:
- didactic lectures and symposia
- case-based conferences and grand rounds
- journal clubs
- board review courses
- hands-on workshops and skills training activities
- use of standardized patients in teaching and assessment
- performance improvement CME
- curricular-organized educational initiatives
- variety of self-directed learning materials such as
- instructional CDs
- journal-based materials
- a variety of web-based interactive and innovative formats, including
- Internet searching and learning at the point of care
- virtual cases
- virtual journal clubs
- simulated patient scenarios
- teaching briefs™ - medical news-based and just-in-time CME.
We are interested in educational interventions that take into account principles derived from research in adult learning and knowledge translation in health care and strongly promote the development of initiatives that include longitudinal, interactive, case- and problem-based and patient-centric educational delivery models.